16 April 2013
Victorian minister for skills Peter Hall has announced the chairs of Victoria’s 14 TAFE institute boards, saying they have been selected for their knowledge and experience, “providing TAFE institutes with improved ability to compete and innovate in Victoria’s competitive vocational training market”.
Nominations for TAFE director positions have also been announced, with the remaining nominations to be made in the coming days, in consultation with current appointees.
The incoming chairs are:
· Advance TAFE – Scott Rossetti
· Bendigo TAFE – Margaret O’Rourke
· Box Hill Institute – Suzanne Ewart
· Chisholm Institute – Stephen Marks
· GippsTAFE – John Mitchell
· GOTAFE – Michael Tehan
· Holmesglen Institute – Peter Lewinsky
· Kangan Institute – Michael Brown
· NMIT – John Gibbins
· South West TAFE – Mike Weise
· SuniTAFE – Leonie Burrows
· The Gordon – Brian Williamson
· William Angliss Institute – Michele Allan
· Wodonga TAFE – Tony Brandt.
Hall also thanked outgoing chairs, many of whom are expected to be retained as TAFE board directors when the full membership of TAFE institute boards is announced in the coming weeks. He said these individuals had served for several terms in many cases and, because of their depth of experience, would provide much needed stability while TAFE institutes took the next steps towards refocusing vocational training in Victoria.