Final Report of the Queensland Skills and Training Taskforce | 6 November 2012
The Taskforce was attracted to the recommended [by the Queensland department of education and training] rationalised structure of TAFE institutes under a TAFE Queensland parent entity in Figure 18 (page 68). Under this structure there would be an initial five geographically focused institutes (including a single Brisbane Metropolitan institute) plus SkillsTech Australia as the new parent entity’s lead subsidiary on trade skills training.
Recommendation 3.12: A rationalised structure of TAFE institutes under a TAFE Queensland parent entity that could have the following characteristics (as presented to the Taskforce by the Department of Education, Training and Employment):
– Far North Queensland Region (from 26 to 15 campuses)
– Fraser and Sunshine Coast Region (from 13 to 8 campuses)
– Western Corridor Region (from 16 to 11 campuses)
– Brisbane Metropolitan Region (from 15 to 5 campuses)
– Skills Tech Australia (from 6 to 2 campuses)
– Gold Coast Region (from 6 to 3 campuses).