Commonwealth media release 19 March 2012
Key quality measures proposed by the Commonwealth include:
- Working with the states and territories to ensure courses delivered by the VET sector are subject to independent quality assessment.
- States and territories will be required to implement these independent checks over the next two years.
- States and territories will have to set strict criteria to ensure only quality providers with an established record can access public funding.
- States and territories will be required to provide strategies that will continue to support and strengthen the public providers of vocational education and training (TAFE) over the next five years.
- Each state and territory will be required to implement strategies to improve the quality of VET teaching.